San Lorenzo Church
The Parish Church of Bondione dedicated to St. Lawrence martyr was consecrated on 15 July 1614.
The presbytery adorned with stuccos and frescoes from 1620 (of which the authorship of Carpinoni was discovered), was renewed in 1896 during the renovation works that lasted from 1871 to 1906; of those years are also the grandiose external porch and the staircase designed by Arch. Elia Fornoni.
Characterized by very heterogeneous elements of various periods, the church is enriched by valuable paintings including the canvas of the Madonna del Rosario by Domenico Carpinoni di Clusone (1566-1658); the Pala della Madonna with Saints Sebastiano, Lorenzo and Rocco from the Moronian school (late 16th century) is also highly respectable.
The wooden inlays of the confessional and the marble ones of the high altar dating back to the 1600s are interesting. On the right side of the altar, during periods of particular liturgical interest, the wooden statue of San Lorenzo is placed which is carried in procession during the solemnity of 10 August.
Also in Bondione, on the road leading to the campsite, there is the church dedicated to Saint Elizabeth completed in 1662. Inside you can admire some important paintings including that of Carpinoni, depicting the visit of Mary to her cousin Elizabeth, and a precious wrought iron gate of the ‘600.
Other palces of interest
Keep in touch! ;)
Lunedì - chiuso Martedì 08.00 - 12.30 / 14.00 - 17.00 Mercoledì 08.00 - 12.30 Giovedì 08.00 - 12.30 / 14.00 - 17.00 Venerdì 08.00 - 12.30 Sabato 08.00 - 12.30 / 14.00 - 17.00 Domenica - chiuso Via S.Lorenzo 21, Valbondione, Bergamo (Nell’edificio che ospita anche la Biblioteca e il Museo degli attrezzi antichi e identità locale) Tel. 0346 44665