San Bernardino church
The church of Lizzola dedicated to San Bernardino from Siena seems to have a very ancient history and could date back to the 1400s.
Surely the date of 1699 carved over the main portal of the Church is the one that determines the sure origin. The Church is very rich in ancient and modern works of arts, paintings, frescoes, marble and wooden inlays.
Much attention deserves the central alatrpiece by Enrico Albrici of Vilminore depicting the Madonna and child and Saints Bernardino, Lorenzo, Margherita, Sebastiano, Rocco, Cristoforo and Pio V.
The paintings of the Sacred heart and of the Saints date back to 1850 and can be ascribed to Giovanni Brighenti di Clusone, who in the same year began the frescoes of the vault completed in 1866 by his son Antonio.
Of particular interest are the Altar of the Annunciation, the Posrta di San Bernardino and Santa Barbara. The bas-reliefs and bronze panels by Alberto Meli made in 1990s.
A particular jewel is the organ built by the famous Serassi brothers in 1860 and entirely restored in 1990, which offers listening to a clear and rich sound as it has been possible to appreciate in recent concerts.
Other palces of interest
Keep in touch! ;)
Lunedì - chiuso Martedì 08.00 - 12.30 / 14.00 - 17.00 Mercoledì 08.00 - 12.30 Giovedì 08.00 - 12.30 / 14.00 - 17.00 Venerdì 08.00 - 12.30 Sabato 08.00 - 12.30 / 14.00 - 17.00 Domenica - chiuso Via S.Lorenzo 21, Valbondione, Bergamo (Nell’edificio che ospita anche la Biblioteca e il Museo degli attrezzi antichi e identità locale) Tel. 0346 44665